Ashley Whithead's Turbo Breakfast Smoothie RecipeJul 31, 2023
This creamy and delicious superfood smoothie is jam packed full of nutrients and makes for an incredibly healthy breakfast.
With maximum benefit and minimum effort, this healthy breakfast smoothie is an easy way for you to get all your nutrients in, including probiotics, protein, healthy fats, fibre, nourishing fruits and vegetables.
This smoothie is just what you need to keep your glucose levels at bay so that you can go forward with more mental clarity, increased energy and a satisfied tummy - meaning you stay fuller for longer.
Supercharge your day starting tomorrow!
Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I like to use True Protein, 1 scoop = 25grams of protein)
- A handful of veggies like spinach or kale
- 25grams of frozen berries
- ¼ of an avocado
- ½ frozen banana
- ¼-½ cup of oats
- 100ml kefir
- 250-400ml of liquid such as water, almond milk, rice milk or coconut milk (opt for substitute milks without added oils or fillers)
- For an extra boost, add 1 TBSP chia seeds
Add all ingredients to a blender, mix it up until creamy and smooth, enjoy!
Often people forget about probiotics and kefir contains millions of probiotics which has bacteria that is great for your gut health. Kefir is also low in lactose, and a great source of magnesium, calcium and potassium.
Why frozen fruit?
I recommend using frozen fruit for at least one of the servings so that you get a creamy and thick texture.
Want to make the smoothie dairy-free?
Easy fix! Opt for coconut kefir instead of milk kefir.