How to change our mindset and beliefs with Cathy Burke
Cathy Burke is a leadership trainer, author and mentor. She knows about leading in difficult situations. For 20 years Cathy was the CEO for The Hunger Project Australia, and then Global Vice President, working to end hunger across South Asia and Africa.
Cathy was an integral member of a visionary team who developed leadership at scale in villages all over the world. Through this work, millions of the world’s poorest people stepped into their power, able to feed themselves and their families.
Cathy now brings this experience to help people and organisations lead to address 21st Century challenges. I first met Cathy at a business chicks event when we were presenting together and her story is incredible as well as her tips. I really hope you enjoy this conversation.
"A mindset reset is the first place to go to address difficulties and challenges, and to create something unique and important in the world.” - Cathy Burke
In this episode we chat about:
- Why is our mindset so powerful? (1.45)
- How are our mindsets formed? Are we able to break free from these past beliefs and learn to adopt a growth mindset? (3.10)
- You were a global leader in ending hunger. Did you ever have times of self doubt? If people have a self-critic, do you have some tools with how they can reset their limiting mindset? (7.50)
- Top tips to improve our self-efficacy (11.30)
- What are the 3 key things Cathy does to take care of her mental health and wellbeing?(15.15)
To continue on your calm journey I encourage you to download our free e-book to learn, grow, be inspired and live a happier life. Simply go to eqminds.com to redeem your gift now.